Monday, October 14, 2013

...my cup runneth over...

I'll try to keep it short to keep your attention--I am overfilled with joy and gratitude over the blessings that have been poured over me & my family over the last few days.

First, I'd like the thank Our Creator, My Savior, for providing for us in each in every way.  I thank Him for filling me and refilling me each and every day with exactly what I need: spiritually, emotionally, physically.  His blessings are new each day.  

I'd like to thank my parents for coming a very long (and expensive) way to help us with the transition.  They brought 150 pounds of all kinds of goodies ranging from diaper cream, decaf Community coffee, and everything in between.  We were able to spend some parent time together before they sprang into grandparent mode caring for Claudia & Vincent as I was in the hospital.  They also cared for our house as well as Casper.

I'm thankful for the friends and family across the globe that lifted us in prayer during this somewhat unsure time.  Yes, this is our third child, but our first in a foreign country where sometimes the "norms" are not that normal at all.  We are also for the many that came to visit us in the hospital and the hundreds of kinds words we read on FB, emails, and other electronic methods.

I'm thankful for my partner, my friend, my helpmate that has been so strong and courageous throughout this entire time.  I'm thankful he speaks Spanish and is able to communicate when my language fails. I'm thankful he helps to care for Claudia & Vincent as well as Luke when I simply can't.  He does it with such love and willingness that would make any wife weep in thankfulness.






No comments:

Post a Comment