I want to share a few things we're doing this Christmas season…
I decided December 2nd to try my hand at Truth in the Tinsel…where you celebrate Advent with your kids by making an ornament each day. This was a huge commitment for me to make with Luke being so small, but I wanted to be able to spend at least that time with Claudia & Vincent and celebrate the coming birth of Jesus. Plus, our tree was kind of bare anyways since we only bought two packages of ornaments last year when we got here.
I'm happy to say, that I did it! Yay! The kids had a great time making their ornaments and it really helped them to be able to remember the different parts of the Christmas story.
Also, we have our elf, Sally found us in Spain last year and she reappeared this year. The kids aren't terrible afraid of the consequences of Sally's report to Santa each night, but they do enjoy waking up each morning to see where she is. There has only been one night that Sally didn't make the trip to the North Pole.
I look forward to making cookies for Santa this year, except until yesterday, I didn't have any sprinkles to decorate our cookies. I hadn't seen sprinkles anywhere and even asked a friend where she got hers. Sadly, she made her own with food coloring that she had brought from the US. Bummer. I had already been on the lookout for food coloring with no success. To my surprise, I found food coloring Saturday in a supermarket that we don't go to often! So last night, I colored my sugar and am ready for cookie decorating tomorrow! Oh the little things.
One more thing to share--Luke has really gotten into a somewhat decent sleeping pattern the last few days. What a praise! I am getting 4-5 hours of continuous sleep each night!!!
I'll post more after Christmas.
Feliz Navidad Amigos!
No comments:
Post a Comment