We've been here now almost three months, and really, the weather is very mild. There are cold days...and we really get to experience the cold by walking back and forth from school each day. But there have been really nice days...well warm enough to play in the park. It is also very dry here...a very different experience for a Southern girl (and her hair).
I would describe the weather as quite erratic though. I try to watch the weather, but of course, it is in Spanish and the temperature is displayed in Celcius...something quite difficult to get used to. I also think the news station we have is a "all of Spain" station. It kind of looks like the weather you would see on Good Morning America. No help to me. I did invest in a thermometer that we placed right outside our window to give us a better idea of what the temperature is like. Sometimes the sun can be deceiving. I think the crazy weather is the result of Spain being a penisula and has mountains to the north and south.
We have seen a few slow flurries. Oh, and it doesn't rain here. Just a few sprinkles every once in a while. Last week, there was three or four days where it was wet, miserable cold. Then it warmed up a couple of days and now this week it is supposed to be rainy/cloudy but warm.
I am careful to not wish for winter to be over because I have heard that the summers are quite miserable plus we don't have an air conditioner. But I do look forward to being able to spend a little more time outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment