Tuesday this week was a rough day. We had to complete Linda and the kid’s visa
paperwork. We traveled down to the
government office that day for our appointment.
I had gone back in November and again in January for my process, so I
was preparing for the worst. It is one
thing to experience the application process on your own, it is another to have
your wife and two small children endure the procedure. I didn’t lead on that I was nervous because I
didn’t want to make Linda nervous too. I
just whispered quiet prayers throughout the days leading up to our appointment.
The night before Vince was up vomiting. He had not been keeping anything down for the
last eighteen hours. We were giving him
small drinks of water because that’s all he would take. It was cold and rainy that day and we had to
wait outside for two and a half hours.
We were thankful that there was some shelter Linda and the kids could
take while I held our space in line. We
were able to submit the paperwork without any further holdup and should receive
their national IDs in 45 days.
That evening we were damp and tired but relieved everything
went well with the paperwork. Vince
finally did eat some bananas and yogurt before bed. That night when we got back home we received
a notice in the mail that we had two packages arrive and they would reattempt
to deliver them the next day. Wednesday
we received two big heavy boxes from Woodridge Baptist Church Women on Missions
loaded with all kinds of items from back home.
Notes, music, candies, food, our favorite soaps, all I could say when we
opened them was, “Wow!” After the day we
had before, to be lifted up by God’s people like that is hard to describe. It never ceases to amaze me how God sends His
comfort and encouragement in the darkest days.


I want to thank everyone for lifting us up consistently these
past months regarding our visa applications.
It has been a very long ordeal and nearly complete. Faithfulness is the only way I can describe your
love, prayers, and support these past years.
We arrived in December but the church has been supporting us for so long
on this journey. The faithfulness of God’s people is what brought light in what
seemed a very difficult day.
-Victor
No comments:
Post a Comment