Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Little Troopers

I know everyone is curious about the kids...how they're doing, adjusting, etc.  Well, I wanted to take a moment to brag on them.  They are such troopers!  They are doing great.  I am well aware that everything we're doing right now is extremely stressful and everything takes at least twice as long as it "normally" would.  They have been such troopers through it all.  Car rides are longer plus we don't know where we're going.  Trips to the grocery store are confusing and time consuming.  The trip in itself to get here was crazy!  We are living in a place with neighbors on all four sides of us...major adjustment.  Add on top of everything that they don't speak the language.  If you know my children, you know how shy they are...so I'm not saying that they are "coming out of their shell" or anything, but they are excited to meet new friends.  Especially Claudia.  She will tell me that she "met a new friend" even though she doesn't even know their name.  Claudia is practicing her Spanish with me and encourages me to speak to her in Spanish.  Tonight as we got ready for our bath, Vincent took his dirty clothes into the bedroom to put in the hamper:  major thing for my wild little three-year-old!  That made me grateful for my sweet gifts from God.  I hope you'll remember to keep them in your prayers as we have weeks ahead of even still more changes.
Here's a few pictures from Christmas.
 
 










No comments:

Post a Comment