There are tons of things that I think of throughout the day that I'd like to share. Even more, I'd love to take a picture, but I don't want to be the cheesy American breaking out the camera to take picture of "ordinary" things.
Here's a few bare necessities we picked up at the superstore.
Yesterday, we decided to make a major trek across the city to a big mall. It's called Madrid Xanadu and I think it claims to be the biggest mall in Madrid, maybe even Spain. Here's a link to the website.
This was a major task for us since we haven't gotten a GPS nor do we have data on a cell phone or iPad. I pulled up the directions before we left and got pretty good directions there. The one thing we haven't figured out is once you take an exit do you go left or right, north/south, east/west. The only indicator on the road signs is a city and for us, we don't know what is where so that doesn't help us much. We made it there fine, but once we got ready to leave, the directions were not on the iPad screen so we had to go on our memory. Very stressful, but we made it back relatively easily. :)
Victor opened a bank account and we are signing the lease to our piso tonight and will move in tomorrow. Our jet lag exhaustion is wearing off so our sleep schedule is kind of off. We went to bed around 11 pm last night and got up at 10 am this morning...although that might be a more appropriate time schedule for Spaniards. A few things that will be coming up--getting cell phone/internet plans, enrolling Claudia & Vincent in school, and outfitting our new place. All exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment