Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tickets to Spain

Well here they are.  The plane tickets that brought us over.  I have been praying, hoping, and dreaming about these tickets since the Lord has put missions on my heart. It’s interesting how I am always trying to identify my calling into something as tangible as plane tickets.  I at first imagined that “missions” began with plane tickets, but it began so far before that.  Even before I sensed my call I see now how the Lord has been preparing me for this endeavor even in my childhood. The plane tickets are just one step in the entire process.  There was so much that had to take place before I acquired the tickets.  There is so much more that is going to take place on this journey.
 
Jesus gives us such overwhelming tasks and yet all the while equips us.  The passage “Go therefore and make disciples...” terrifies me to no end.  How can I make disciples when I am still trying to figure things out myself?!  Many times when I think of this passage,  I despair because I see how woefully inadequate I am.  But thankfully the chapter ends “...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”  How many times those fourteen words have brought a flood of comfort and peace.  I am never alone, not only has He promised to be with me, He has surrounded me with an incredible Christian community!  Woodridge, Crowley, Sandy Bayou, Hebron, Winnsboro, Villaverde, Enterprise and many more churches, family and friends that have stood alongside us in this journey.  My terror turns to excitement.  I can’t wait to experience what the Lord is going to do in Spain. 
 
-Victor

No comments:

Post a Comment